Monday, June 8, 2009

From blonde to BALD!

That's exactly what happened to my little buddy Evan (shown here with his little brother). He lost his soft blonde hair after undergoing chemotherapy to treat his stage 4 high-risk neuroblastoma.

On July 10, I'll lose my hair, too, to raise awareness and raise money for childhood cancer.


My husband and I will run the 5k for St. Jude in Florence, AL on July 10 at 7pm. My goal is to finish in 34 minutes, but I'm not making promises about that ;)

I DO promise that after I cross the finish line, I will shave my head!

-------------------------------
In the weeks before the run, I will be accepting donations for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, where Evan and many, many other children are being treated.

And in the days, weeks and months to follow, I hope that I can talk to friends, family and perfect strangers ('cause, ya know, I like to talk) about something that NEEDS to be talked about.

Kids get cancer, too.


To make a donation for St. Jude, please contact me at amysandy @ gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment